About this blog
This blog is about:
- Programming, both profesionally and as a way to make life easier
- How we can make our lives, and the lives of our colleagues easier and more pleasant
- ADHD struggles as a software engineer and human
- Dealing with a bunch of animals and a sizeable plot of land we’re trying to rewild
Created and maintained in the spirit of small-blogging. It’s inspired by, and a mishmash of concepts seen on:
- taylor.town - 11 ways to shave a yak
- jvns.ca - How to ask good questions?
- kalzumeus.com - Salary Negotiation: Make More Money, Be More Valued
- hynek.me - Subclassing in python Redux
I’m a software engineer currently working at @spotify. I mainly do backend development and devops. I have a particular fondness for making the life of other people easier. I like Developer Experience and creating tools. Just don’t make me write css, that makes me cry. The color scheme of this blog should tell you enough.
Outside of being a software engineer, I enjoy: spending time with my partner, pets and friends, cooking, making music, playing video games and reading pulp fantasy/sci-fi.
I always like connecting with other people, so feel free to contact me if you want to chat or reach out.